What is GQMP?
It is a national government-funded program that promotes quality improvement in the public sector.
The goal of the program is to effect advancement in public sector performance by ensuring the consistency of products and services that government agencies deliver through the application of processes that can be achieved through an effective Quality Management System (QMS).
The GQMP`s priority is to enhance the frontline services of agencies to ensure that Filipino citizens will greatly benefit in the process and system improvement initiatives of the government.
The GQMP aims to:
- Promote and enhance public sector performance through the adoption of ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management Systems in all agencies of government;
- Develop an institutional infrastructure that shall provide certification with international accreditation;
- Establish the citizens’ charter of key government offices that shall be provided to the transacting public as government’s manifestation of service guarantee;
- Recognize citizen-driven government organizations that have attained ISO 9001:2000 certification for other government agencies to emulate.
The GQMP shall have the following key components:
- Government Quality Management Systems Standards. This component shall involve the development of a guidance document and the adaptation of relevant ISO management systems and standards that integrate relevant provisions of pertinent laws and/or rules and regulations to develop a culture of quality and integrity in governance characterized by citizen-focused and well-performing government organizations.
- Advocacy and Capability Building. This component is expected to promote awareness, generate support, harness resources, and develop organizational capabilities in the establishment, implementation and continuing improvement of quality management systems in public sector organizations.
- Certification of Agencies’ OMS to GQMSS. The Philippine Certification for ISO Quality Management Systems (PISO-QMS) shall be established to give due recognition to qualified government organizations that have demonstrated conformity of their QMS to ISO 9001:2000 and the GQMSS. As such, this component shall establish the structure and mechanisms to ensure the credibility of all aspects of certification in line with said standards.